Boosting Employee Engagement with Newsletters within Outlook Featuring House of Travel
With Louise Reeves Internal Communications Manager
Key results from using ContactMonkey
We would just email out these weekly newsletters and have no idea who was reading them, who was opening them, what they’re interested in, what they’re gaining from it. It was like driving blind!
About House of Travel
House of Travel is the largest privately owned travel company in New Zealand, and the third largest travel organization in the Asia Pacific region. The House of Travel Group employs close to 2,000 staff operating in different branches and stores. Their mission is to help you create better holidays, personalize your vacations and get the most out of every minute.
About Louise Reeves
Louise Reeves is the Internal Communications Manager at House of Travel. With over 20 years of experience in the travel industry, she’s in charge of internal communications and corporate alignment at House of Travel.
We would just email out these weekly newsletters and have no idea who was reading them, who was opening them, what they’re interested in, what they’re gaining from it. It was like driving blind.
With over 75 branches and 2000+ employees, visually appealing emails and engaging internal communications campaigns are a must for House of Travel to ensure corporate alignment.
Without the ability to easily create responsive newsletters, their internal communications team was relying on Word document attachments to send as their weekly newsletter.
As a result the communications team had to repeat themselves constantly just to get a message across.
An even bigger challenge was the fact that without a tool to measure email opens, clicks, or any other metric, they were unable to gauge whether employees were engaging or even opening their communications.
You just can’t underestimate how important visually appealing newsletters are. It helps a lot with employees absorbing important information.
With ContactMonkey, the House of Travel internal communications team were able to accomplish the following:
- See every email open and link click from internal emails sent to their distribution lists. As a consequence they’re finally able to see employee engagement in a handy and powerful dashboard.
- Use pre-made HTML newsletter templates and build their own using ContactMonkey’s drag-and-drop email template builder and
send from Outlook.
- Gather employee feedback right from their newsletters by adding pulse surveys and social reactions to their emails. Now every single newsletter can be a two-way communications channel.
- Since ContactMonkey creates responsive HTML emails, every newsletter they send now renders properly on desktops, mobiles, and tablets.
Since no one was reading the boring looking Word Doc, I was getting pretty annoyed with the number of times I was having to repeat messages.
Now that I’m able to make these visually appealing newsletters I don’t have to repeat myself because I know people are reading them.
The House of Travel team is now able to create beautiful, visually appealing, responsive newsletters in seconds with their drag-and-drop email template builder.
- The solution also enabled their internal communications team to send emails to any of their distribution lists, see every email open, link click, location and devices used, all without leaving their inbox.
- By having access to in-depth analytics, the House of Travel team is now able to craft and modify their messaging according to different audiences, thus improving efficiency and engagement rates.
- Social reactions turned emails into a two-way communication channel. Now they can quickly survey their different branches directly from within their newsletters, finally learning what employees crave.
Like what you’ve read?
Get your own copy of this case study.
Get your own copy of this case study.