Revised: December 2020
Collection & Use of Information
We do not collect any personally identifying information about users unless it has been knowingly and specifically supplied to us by the user.
Personal data, (name, address, telephone numbers, credit card details, etc.) which has been provided by website visitors for product purchase and registration is controlled by ContactMonkey for the purposes indicated.
We will not disclose any personal information about users to any outside party, unless the user has been advised of this possibility before providing the personal information.
We collect general information on what pages users visit and information volunteered by users.
Information collected from individual site visitors is never shared, rented or sold.
We reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information in order to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, to operate our systems properly or to protect our rights and property.
How We Use Personal Data
For example, some business purposes for data processing include:
Service Monitoring and Improvements
- To deliver relevant and sometimes urgent communication regarding your use of the Services, including but not limited to transactional notices regarding: maintenance, downtime, new or updated features, and other product and policy updates
- To monitor and understand visitor interest in particular features, products, themes, and topics for the purpose of improving user experience and the performance and relevance of our Services
- Performing any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Services
In addition to Usage Data collected on public-facing pages of our Site, we also collect data required to provide the services requested by Clients who have registered to access ContactMonkey’s password-restricted services. By creating an account with ContactMonkey, users also accept ContactMonkey’s Term and Conditions.
In order to provide the agreed-upon services, the following data is collected through the ContactMonkey application and client extensions.
- Information about the device used to access our service
- Information about how our service was used (eg. the number of requests to our service) as well as events such as device events like crashes etc
- Other log information (which may include Internet Protocol Address or other information or identifiers that may uniquely identify your account or browser or device)
- Information about your location (eg. used to identify your time zone settings)
- Information about your ContactMonkey application version. When you install/uninstall or use one of our applications the service may send version information
- Email subject lines, Recipient email address and/or distribution list names entered in the To and CC fields
- Destination of Hyperlinks in order to uniquely track them
- Cookies or other anonymous identifiers may be sent to your devices and may be used when you interact with our site or service
Use by children
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parents or guardians permission before you send any personal information (for example, your name, address, e-mail address, etc.) to us or anyone else over the Internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Users and Customers from the EU/EEA
All EU-based individuals, irrespective of their nationality, have certain individual rights under the GDPR, such as:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
- The right of access to find out what is stored about them.
- The right to rectification of their personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability allowing individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing and/or for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Various rights in relation to automated decision making (making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement) and profiling (automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual).
Changes to Policy
You can log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Google’s OAuth and Microsoft 365 OAuth. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form or create your account.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain Personal Data. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your Personal Data from Testimonials please contact us by contacting ContactMonkey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may disable cookies on your browser, however this may limit your use of some website features.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to ContactMonkey employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Data with sensitive information such as user passwords are transmitted over secure network connections using SSL/TLS technology.
Additional Limits on Use of Your Google User Data
- The App will only use access to read, write, modify, or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App’s internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
ContactMonkey’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google Accounts will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.