Are you someone who lives and breathes content?
Do you love creating new and exciting ways to convey a message to an audience?
Are you interested in looking at the data behind SEO and CRO?
If you’re someone who is not afraid of change, willing to try new things, and work with a test-and-learn approach to content creation, digital campaigns and SEO, then ContactMonkey is the right place for you!
ContactMonkey is a fast-growing SaaS company based in downtown Toronto on trendy King West. As a Content Writer at ContactMonkey, you’ll be responsible for creating a diverse library of content, including blog posts, website copy, white papers, videos, ebooks, case studies, reports, webinar decks and infographics to drive conversions and engagement across our website.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for the right candidate to grow with us. Although our culture is already on its way to being best-in-class, we’re always looking to add the right people to our team, and help us become even better.
Desired Skills, Experience and Key Responsibilities
- Phenomenal writing skills and the ability to write in a fun, engaging, and cheeky tone of voice to engage our audience
- Creating a diverse library of content, including blog posts, website copy, white papers, videos, ebooks, case studies, reports, webinar decks,and infographics
- Work with the existing team to plan, optimize and execute our content marketing strategy
- Research SEO best practices and continuously work to keep our digital content optimized to keep pace with Google’s algorithm changes
- You like owning whatever is given to you and delivering results – Large projects don’t scare you because you’re a pro at multitasking and prioritizing
- You’re highly adaptable – Working in a fast-paced environment where things change frequently sounds more exciting to you than doing the same thing day in, day out
You’re an excellent writer and editor, who also happens to understand the role of content in a B2B marketing strategy. You work well with a deadline and can self-manage a wide variety of tasks. You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented and ensure your copy shines before it’s published. You’re also careful about ensuring that everything you write and publish is SEO optimized and are willing to continuously learn more to make our content rank higher on Google. Your work will be the face of the ContactMonkey brand, so we need someone who’s fun, and knows their stuff. Sound like you?
You’ll get bonus points for:
- Having an idea of what SaaS means
- Interest in working at a high growth startup
- A degree in journalism, communication, marketing, creative writing or a similar discipline
- At least one year of experience creating content and optimizing for SEO within a B2B SaaS environment (agency or in-house) or some freelance writing experience if you’re a fresh grad
- Having a solid writing portfolio and knowledge of SEO
What’s in it for you?
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role
- We pay competitive salaries and offer flexible vacation
- Full comprehensive benefit plan
- Gym reimbursement or running shoe reimbursement if hitting the pavement is your thing
- Bi-monthly team-building activities
- Fun, fast, and energetic atmosphere
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, unlimited snacks and a dog-friendly office